Central Georgia Technical College
Commercial Truck Driving
Applicants must be at least 18-years old. 18-20 year olds are limited to driving within the State of Georgia only (per DOT Regulations) until the age of 21. To be admitted, applicants should complete the following steps:
1. Submit an application for admission, along with a $15 non-refundable application fee.
2. Take the COMPASS placement test and make the following minimum scores of:
- Math 24
- English 23
- Reading 67
3. You must pay the $55.00 Instructional & Technology fee the day you register for the course.
4. You must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license and a valid GA. Class “AP” CDL Learners Permit
5. Take and pass a DOT physical examination.*
6. Take and pass a DOT drug test.*
7. Provide a copy of your driving record (MVR) for the past 7 years.* (PICK UP A FREE COPY OF THE “GA COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S MANUAL AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO CLASS.)
- More than 8 points on your driving record
- More than 4 moving violations in the last 3 years
- A DUI within the last 3 years
CTD COURSE REQUIREMENTS_/_ STUDENTS DOT PHYSICAL, DRUG SCREEN, 7-YEAR MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT AND THEIR GA.
The CTD Program consists of three blocks of training:
1. CTDL-1010 Fundamentals of Commercial Truck Driving
2. CTDL-1020 Basic Operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle
3. CTDL-1030 Advanced Operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle
**NOTE: Random Drug and Alcohol testing will be conducted during the class session**
80 Cohen Walker Drive
Warner Robins, GA 31088