Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
Truck Diver Training
Career Training & Development at Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is pleased to offer the Tractor-Trailer Operator Training course. Successful graduates of this 180-hour program obtain the class “A” Commercial Drivers License and are eligible to enter the workforce at a substantially higher rate of pay.
The course includes classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel experience to prepare individuals for the Commercial Drivers License (CDL) road test. Approximately two-thirds of training time is spent driving combination tractor-trailer vehicles, which provides participants with rural, urban and interstate driving experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must present a copy of 10-year driving record and Social Security card
- Must pass the D.O.T. physical and drug screen
- Subject to random drug & alcohol testing
- Must be 21 years old or older in order to drive outside of S.C.
- Must be 18 years old or older in order to drive in S.C.
- Must have driven in Continental U.S. for a period of at least two years
- Must be a U.S. citizen or provide proof of residency
- Must speak, read and write the English language fluently
- CDL permit is preferred but not required
Tuition: $3,299(in-state residents),
Fees: $119 includes permit and licensing fees
3250 St. Matthews Road
Orangeburg, SC 29118